We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In times of epidemic, one in three children is affected by the flu. From there to contaminate his nursery schoolmates or his brothers and sisters, there is only ... sneezing or contact of small hands. Take the necessary measures!
Are the symptoms obvious in children?
- Unfortunately no ! While in adults, we mention the flu in the face of a high fever and respiratory disorders, the warning signs in children are more equivocal and especially since it is very young.
- Before 1 year, theThe disease is mainly expressed by isolated fever.
- Between 1 and 4 years, the child will more readily exhibit digestive disorders, vomiting, gastroenteritis, and non-respiratory disorders such as drowsiness.
- After 4 years, the symptoms resemble those of the adult. The fever is brutal, elevated, associated with chills, body aches and headaches.
- The ideal would be to use a rapid diagnostic test, like that for angina. This helps to quickly put a treatment in place and limit complications. But this test, made from a nasal sample, is not yet reimbursed by Social Security.
Is the flu contagious?
- The virus spreads easily through saliva droplets and particles suspended in the air by sneezing. It is enough for a small sneeze in a room to contaminate some of its occupants.
- In children, the virus multiplies faster and spreads longer than in adults: the small flu can be contagious more than seven days after the onset of symptoms.
1 2 3